Using Gaia GPS with Apple Watch will give you the ability to see your location, pause recording and check stats all at a glance.
Setting up Gaia GPS on Apple WatchTo make using Gaia easier on the watch, you can add it to your "glances" (Watch OS 1 & 2) or "dock" (Watch OS 3). Find the Apple Watch app on your device, select "glances" and add Gaia GPS to the list.
Watch OS 1 & 2
Watch OS 3
Adding StatsYou can choose which stats are readily available on the watch.
- GPS satellite strength
- Total ascent and descent
- Current Speed
To add stats:
- Open Gaia GPS on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to "Settings"
- Scroll to the bottom and select "Watch Display"
- Long-press and drag stats up to SELECTED
RecordingStart recording from your mobile device, and pause from the watch.
The first screen will show recording time. Tap once to pause and again to continue.
You can also mark a waypoint from this screen
The Map ScreenThe third screen is a live preview of the map screen. Follow your progress and check your location without taking out your phone.
Zoom on the map and center on location. Hard press the screen to bring up the options to zoom in/out and go to location.
Notes on Battery life:
- Tips on improving battery life with Gaia GPS .
- Connecting the watch to your device using bluetooth provides an additional battery drain. If you are planning a longer hike, we recommend an additional battery or charging unit.