Navigate to an area for download on the main map of Gaia GPS by:
- searching for a nearby landmark or road
- inputting a set of Lat/Long coordinates in the search bar
- loading saved data for the area on the main map
- panning/zooming the map manually
To download the map:
1. From the Layers Menu, tap the map source you want to download.
2. Scroll down and tap "Download Map".
3. Press and drag the dots on the corners of the red square to adjust the download area.
4. Adjust the Max Zoom level using the blue slider. Note: more zoom = more detail you will be able to see on the downloaded map. However, the amount of space the map will take up on your device also increases.
5. Tap "Save".
To view downloaded maps tap the Menu icon on the top left corner of the screen and select “Maps” under “My Data.”